Want to Work with Us?
We're always looking for talented teachers who want to offer the funnest music lessons in Seattle!
Why Work at Off the Wall?
The crew at Off the Wall School of Music is comprised of talented, dedicated folks who are focused on providing the funnest music lessons in Seattle.
We offer competitive wages, some schedule flexibility and the opportunity to help shape a growing business!
As a teacher, you can provide private lessons, work with bands, lead regular rock camps, offer specialty classes and more.
As a member of our office staff, you'll learn the ins and outs of running a small business, and have the chance to contribute to our ongoing development.
Since we work with young students, we require that you exhibit professionalism, reliability and appropriate behavior.
We're always looking for talented folks to join our team, so check out our available positions and apply today!
Our highest priority is to find instructors that teach the following instruments:
We're a growing school, however, so would also love to meet any instructors who teach these instruments:
- Brass - Trumpet & Trombone
- Woodwinds - Saxophone, Clarinet, Flute
- Rock Bands
- String Ensembles
To be considered for Off the Wall's faculty, you must possess most of the following:
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in music performance or education OR 1 year of teaching experience.
- Excellent communication and instrumental skills.
- Knowledge of a secondary instrument is a plus (piano, drums, strings, bass, etc).
- Vibrant, warm personality, energetic. Great with kids and adults.
- Knowledge of various contemporary and traditional styles with strong reading skills.
- Ability to teach beginner to advanced, young and old students.
- Excellent professional references.
- Demand depends on the instrument, from 1 - 4 days per week in the afternoons & evenings (2pm - 9pm)
- Our school is growing, so there's definitely potential for additional days and other opportunities such as leading rock camps, ensembles and jams
- Depends on Experience
- To apply for a position, please fill out this application form.
- If we're interested in interviewing you, we'll follow-up with a more detailed pre-interview questionnaire and setup an on-site interview
- During your interview, we'll discuss you experience, as well as have you demonstrate your teaching style
- If we offer you a position on our faculty, you will need to successfully pass a background check
Know a Great Music Teacher?
Refer them to us and we'll give you $50!
Do you know someone who would be a great teacher at Off the Wall? Let us know about them!
Simply send us an email with their name, what instrument(s) they teach and their email address, and we'll reach out to them to start the interview process.
If we end up hiring your referral, we'll give you $50!