For Those About to Rock: We Salute You
Our fun, engaging programs encourage you to always learn something new + show off your skills
Off the Wall offers a variety of programs and performance opportunities for students, which further enriches your experience at the school.
Here's more detail on what we offer, when, and how to find out more information.
These fun, casual events give our students the opportunity to share all they've learned with their family and friends. They also get to meet other students, and parents can share their experiences with each other.
Students most often perform solo, but we sometimes arrange ensemble performances featuring multiple students and instructors.
Rock Band Camps
We offer rock band camps all summer long, as well as some fun skills-based workshops during other school breaks.
Rock band campers will:
- Vote on a band name
- Choose new songs to learn together
- Try out a new instrument
- Take part in drums, synth and stage performance workshops
- Make a band logo and rock posters
- Record a music video with dance moves, costumes and stop motion
- Perform at a local venue for friends and family at the end of the week
Performance Showcases give intermediate and advanced students the opportunity to perform with one or two professional musicians in a nightclub atmosphere.
The program includes:
- Working with your teacher to polish 1 - 2 songs
- Learning how to create sheet music for your song to share with other musicians
- Rehearsing your song with other musicians to prepare yourself for the showcase
- Performing in a professional jazz club
- Receiving a professionally-recorded CD of your performance
Join us for a fun, casual jam event at the school!
Learn more about music theory, jamming techniques, and meet new friends.
We'll meet up, jam, hang out, jam again, eat some food, and jam some more.
Open Mics for Adults
Adults can be shy too so we've created a special event to give them a spotlight. They perform at a local venue with other adult students followed by a student and teacher jam session. The event is inspiring and motivating and everyone leaves with some new goals to practice.
Open mics are typically for singer-songwriters, but this event is for all adult musicians.
To be prepared for the jam session, students should be familiar with some of the songs on this list:
The Top 10 Blues Jam Standards at Off the Wall.
Funky Fridays Band
Do you want to meet other students and practice playing together?
Join our Funky Fridays Band!
Specialty Music Services
- Practice Space Rentals for Drums and Piano
- Equipment Rentals
- Instrument Rentals
- Birthday Parties
- Garageband Recording Classes