Are you ready to take your performance skills to the next level? Join us for an upcoming Showcase!
- Winter Performance Showcase
- Dress Rehearsal: Sunday, February 5th | 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM (You will receive a specific 30-minute window)
- When: Wednesday, Feburary 15th, 2017 | 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Where: Egan's in Ballard
During all of your lessons leading up to the Performance Showcase, you'll be working with your teacher to polish 1 - 2 songs. They'll also provide you with guidance on creating sheet music for other musicians.
You'll also attend a rehearsal with professional musicians, during which you'll practice your songs a few times, go over your sheet music, and prepare for the performance.
Please note: Because participation requires that your teacher works with you on developing your repertoire leading up to your performance, teacher permission is required to participate in this program.
The Showcase takes place over a 2 hour period; please plan to attend the entire show.
We'll assign you a specific performance timeslot within the showcase depending on the songs you're performing, instrument you're playing, and your accompaniment requirements.
You will be accompanied by professional musicians, which will likely be teachers from the school, who may or may not be your teacher. We'll invite all teachers to attend the performance, but they are not required.
There is a $75 registration fee, which includes:
- (1) 30-minute rehearsal with up to 2 professional musicians
- (1) 10-minute performance slot, during which you may perform up to 2 songs
- A professionally-recorded audio CD of the entire performance showcase, available for you at your next scheduled lesson following the showcase
Egan's is a small, upscale jazz venue; you may bring up to 2 guests with you.
We have 9 total performance slots available, and registration is on a first come, first served basis.
Please note that teacher permission is required in order to participate in this program.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can participate in the showcase?
- At least 10 years or older
- A minimum of 2 years of experience playing your instrument
You'll also need your teacher's permission to participate, as they'll be working with you during your lessons in preparation for the performance.
What's included with the registration fee?
Off the Wall will get CDs from the venue and you'll receive your copy at your next scheduled music lesson following the showcase.
What time is the showcase?
Can I pick when I play?
Where/how do I sign up?
Once we receive your registration, we'll check with your teacher that they are able to work with you on developing your repertoire for the performance, and then send you a confirmation via email.
Will my teacher be there?
How many pieces can each performer play?
Will there be refreshments?
Where do we buy tickets for our guests?
Where can I park near Egan's?
Will the school be filming or photographing the performances, or should we bring our own camera?
If you'd like to record your student's performance, please feel free to bring your own gear!
If you haven't already, please fill out our Media Release Form.
What will it be like?
You'll be accompanied by 1 or 2 other musicians, and we'll have staff to help you setup and break down after your performance as needed.
We'll also have an MC who will introduce you, your songs, and the other musicians.
Please plan to bring:
- All students - a few copies of your sheet music, for yourself and to share with your band
- Guitar students - your own guitar and cable
- Violin students - your violin
- Drum students - your own sticks