Quick Facts about Michael
- Teaches All levels & styles of Piano & Accordion
- Works well with ages 7 and up
- Expert Level Jazz, Classical, Rock and Pop
- Specializes in Jazz improvisation, composition, and arranging
- Teaching for 11 years
- Bachelor in Music from Cornish College of the Arts. Magna Cum Laude.
Learn More about Michael
General Teaching Style
I have an easy-going, personable style that teaches solid fundamentals and higher concepts. I believe in teaching the student, not the subject. Identifying the best ways a student learns, their interests, and tailoring lessons accordingly.
Patience, multiple ways of explaining different concepts, sense of humor, deep understanding of music and knowledge of multiple styles of music. Identifying a students strengths and teaching to those.
I am a professional composer, arranger, pianist, and theatre artist. I am always working in my field and bring the joy of music and the practicality of my experiences as a professional musician into the teaching studio.
Most Inspirational Music Moments and Experiences
I feel very fortunate to say that I have many and continuous inspirational musical moments. If I had to pick one, I would say playing with musicians of a higher skill level than myself, rising to the occasion and connecting with them.
Top 3 Desert Island Albums
- The Julliard String Quartet's recording of Bach's Art of the Fugue.
- Charles Mingus' - Ah Um
- Pink Floyd's - Dark Side of the Moon.