10 Bass Guitarists You Should Check Out:
1. John Entwistle (The Who)—Nicknamed “The Ox”, Entwhistle was also often called “Thunderfingers” from the speed at which his fingers moved across the fretboard.
Bass lines to jam out: “Won’t Get Fooled Again”, “Boris The Spider”
2. Paul McCartney (The Beatles)—Playing rhythm guitar in the Beatles before moving over to bass, McCartney looked up to Beach Boy Brian Wilson & Motown bass guitarist James Jamerson as primary influences on his melodic playing style.
Bass lines to jam out: “Paperback Writer”, “Rain”
3. John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin)—In a list of “The 20 Most Underrated Bass Guitarists” published in Paste magazine, Jones was ranked first.
Bass lines to jam out: “Ramble On”, “Black Dog”
4. Bernard Edwards (Chic)—Edwards’ bass line for Chic’s song “Good Times” was not only sampled for The Sugarhill Gang’s early rap song “Rapper’s Delight”, but was a huge inspiration for Queen’s “Another One Bites The Dust”.
Bass lines to jam out: “Good Times”, “We Are Family” (Sister Sledge)
5. Jaco Pastorius—Most identified with a fretless 1962 Fender Jazz Bass nicknamed “The Bass Of Doom”, Jaco’s trademark bass is currently owned by Metallica’s Robert Trujillo.
Bass lines to jam out: “The Chicken”, “Coyote (Joni Mitchell)
6. Bill Wyman (The Rolling Stones)—Wyman’s unique, almost vertical way of holding the bass was mostly created because he always felt his hands looked small.
Bass lines to jam out: “Paint It Black”, “Street Fighting Man”
7. Stanley Clarke—Known for a percussive playing style inspired by Larry Graham, right-handed Clarke also owns a left-handed bass, given to him as a gift by fan Paul McCartney.
Bass lines to jam out: “School Days” “The Magician” (Return To Forever)
8. Flea (Red Hot Chili Peppers)— Originally a trumpet player, Flea took up bass in high school & his initial playing style was an aggressive one inspired by his discovery of punk rock.
Bass lines to jam out: “Under The Bridge”, “Aeroplane”
9. Larry Graham (Sly & The Family Stone)—Graham developed his signature percussive “slapping” style to make up for the absence of a drummer in a childhood band.
Bass lines to jam out: “Thank You”, “I Want To Take You Higher”
10. John Taylor (Duran Duran)—Taylor started out as a guitarist in Duran Duran, but changed over to bass after discovering music of Chic & their bass player Bernard Edwards.
Bass lines to jam out: “Planet Earth”, “Rio”
One thought on “10 Bass Guitarists You Should Check Out”
They have profit periods all through the twelve weeks
producing it handy for everybody. A pub crawl works in that a group of people will get together and go to different bars in an area over the
course of a few hours. Apiece Traveler strain (including the meanspirited) is sold with a rake
& motion adjustable direction.